Everyone is welcome
prerequisite: Perfect for Absolute Beginners
you get: A 25cms x 25cms art glass plate
duration: 3 hours
This Plate Making Workshop for absolute beginners – Level One.
Learn a brand new skill and create your own unique glass platter: it’ll be 25x25cmin in the colours of your choosing. A wonderful and personal gift, or simply a treasure to enjoy yourself.
During the workshop you will learn:
- the basic and correct skills required to use glass as an artistic medium
- the fundamentals of glass cutting
- all about art glass how it performs in the kiln: you’ll be introduced to the endless potential of glass fusing and slumping. Warning! You may be addicted! I did!
What you get:
- everything you need to make your 25cms x 25cms plate
- all materials used, including your choice from at least two dozen different colours of glass
- use of our studio tools
- kiln firing of your plate after you leave (usually 2 kiln firings)
- forget about the real world for a couple of hours
- listen to great music!
You’ll be surprised at how clever you are at making something wonderful! Progress pictures will be taken and emailed to you so you know what’s happening step-by-step.
Once the class is over and the clean up is done, all you need to do is wait for an email from us showing the progress of your artpiece and we will let you know when it’s ready to be picked up. This usually happens 2-3 weeks after the workshop.
Absolutely no previous experience required. Please wear clothes that includes some kind of sleeve (not a tank top). Please wear closed toe shoes. (no thongs, no sandals that expose your toes.) You need to be able climb the staircase at 550 Swan Street as its the only way to get to my studio.
Being at Swan Street Artist Studios is a creative, fun, safe, friendly and stimulating environment. We can add other dates or create a larger workshop if you need us to do so. And feel free to BYO drinks and nibbles. A glass of wine helps the creativity!
Read the PDF for more information about this workshop.
I look forward to seeing you soon at one of our wonderful Plate Making Workshops. Trust me: you’ll love it.