cost: $110.00 for everyone.
prerequisite: for absolute beginners
you get: to make 4 pieces of jewellery in fabulous dichroic glass
duration: 1 1/2 hours (90 minutes)
Make your very own fabulous dichroic glass pendants!
If you love stunning, original jewellery you’ll love this 90 minute workshop and be thrilled with the discovery of a whole new art form.
Choose from a wide variety of coloured glass bases, and build four jewellery pieces using dichroic glass. I will fuse it gently in the kiln after you leave in order to create a stunning 3-dimensional finish. You can’t go wrong!
This’ll be such fun, and especially for all you absolute beginners: this class is perfectly designed just for you. And you don’t have to be specially “creative” as you will be helped every step of the way as you learn this fascinating skill.
Soon you’ll be creating your own amazing design in the colours of your choosing, and it’s even more fun when you come along with family members or friends. Best of all, every item you create will be 100% original and 100% yours!
During the workshop you will learn:
- The basic, correct skills needed to use glass as an artistic medium
- The fundamentals of glass cutting
- What happens to glass in the kiln at different temperatures and be introduced to the endless potential of glass fusing and slumping. (It just might be the beginning of a lifelong obsession! It was for me!)
- How to design your own art glass masterpiece
- How some colours change at different kiln temperatures
- The basic difference between cold glass, warm glass and hot glass
Progress pictures will be taken and emailed to you so you know what’s happening to your very own work of glass art. Once the class is over and the clean up is done, all you need to do is wait for an email from me showing the progress of your jewellery items and I’ll let you know when they are ready to be picked up. This usually happens 2-3 weeks after the workshop.
To learn even more about the workshop please read the PDF. We know you’ll be surprised at how clever you are at making fabulous jewellery pieces. Come on, book in now!
See you soon,