Everyone is welcome
prerequisite: No prerequisites – this is perfect for Absolute Beginners
you get: A 25cms x 25cms art glass plate
duration: 3 hours
Please remember you can come to this workshop as many times as you like.
Plate Making Workshop for absolute beginners – Level One.
Discover the joy of creating a one-of-a-kind 25cm x 25cm glass plate in the design and colours you choose.
You’ll love being here making your very own art glass plate! Maybe it’s a special gift or a personal treasure for your own home, if you want to try this for the first time, this is a workshop for you!
During the workshop you will learn:
- the basic and correct skills required to use glass as an artistic medium
- the fundamentals of glass cutting
- about art glass how it performs in the kiln
- you’ll be introduced to the endless potential of glass fusing and slumping. Warning! You may be addicted! I did!
What you get:
- everything you need to make your 25cms x 25cms platter.
- all materials used, including your choice from loads of different colours of glass
- use of our studio tools
- kiln firing
- to forget about the real world for a couple of hours
- to enjoy great music!
You’ll be surprised at how clever you are at making something wonderful.
No previous experience required for this class.
Its fun, creative and stress free zone, here in the studio!
Get ready for a whole lot of fun and creativity—everyone can do it, and you’re going to love it! – Jenie
Please wear clothes that include some kind of sleeve (not a singlet top) and closed toe shoes. (No thongs, no sandals that expose your toes).
If you’d like to bring refreshments, alcohol or nibbles to this workshop – that’ll be fine, assuming you are over 18 years of age.
Please bring a face mask in case you decide to make your own glass powders.
Bring your friends and create memories together.
Once the class is over and the clean-up is done, all you need to do is wait for an email from me showing the progress of your gorgeous art glass platter. I’ll let you know when it is ready to be picked up, usually about 14 days after your workshop. Your masterpiece will be kept here at my Richmond studio for a month of so after the workshop, it’ll be donated to charity after that time.
If you’re feeling under the weather from flu or covid, no worries, call me and we’ll reschedule your class. Of course, there’s zero cost for rescheduling.
I’ll take your picture during this workshop, always let me know if you don’t want this to happen.
Here at my studio I try my best to look after your glass creations. I’ll treat them with the utmost care. However, sometimes accidents and breakages happen along the way. Unfortunately, this is the nature of working with kilns and with glass. For example cracks can occur due during the heating and cooling stages in the kiln. This is due to the fragile nature of glass. I will try my best to make sure your piece survives its journey however please understand that risks are involved.
- My studio is a part of the Swan Street Artist Studio complex. We are on Level 1 of 550 Swan Street Richmond. It’s a contemporary art space run by Professional Artists, you’ll love having your workshop in this unique first floor warehouse. It’s a creative, fun, safe, friendly and stimulating environment. You’ll love being here!
- Car parks are surprisingly easy to find around our studios. We are on the intersection of Swan Street, and Bendigo Street, Richmond.
- You can often park right outside – fortunately we are at the quiet end of Swan Street. But remember the parking here is 2 hours so we’ll get you to set your alarm and make sure we all move our cars at the 2 hour point. Remember there are Clearways in Swan Street, Richmond.
- According to Google, there’s a 6-minute walk from Burnley Railway Station to 550 Swan Street (its 450 metres away). Tram 70 stops a few metres from our front door.
Everyone is welcome! You can come with your children or grandchildren, however, they’ll be charged the same rate as you and they’ll need to be “supervised” by you throughout the whole class. Please let me know if you are bringing under 18’s.
I run loads of private workshops. I am always happy to add other dates or create a private workshop for you and your friends, if that suits you better. Just let me know.
For custom dates or any questions, reach out to me at [email protected].
Make it a gathering with family and friends for an exclusive workshop. Let us know and we’ll tailor an experience just for you. Bring your family and friends and have the studio to yourselves! It’ll be so much fun.
I can’t wait to see what you make!