prerequisite: just people who want to have fun
you get: modern art in a box frame
duration: 90 minutes
If you are an absolute beginner who loves to learn new things then you’ll love this brand new 90 minute workshop. Bring your family and friends and let’s create a safe space for you to catch up while creating and chatting. BYO drinks and nibbles.
Can you imagine your very own unique design on your wall? During the 90 minutes, you will produce your own piece of art glass, that I will fire in my kiln and secure in a birch wood box frame to hang on the wall or stand on a sideboard.
Everything you need is included in the cost of this workshop. Included is:
- an introduction to art glass and what happens to it in the kiln,
- all of your glass,
- your firing,
- the birch wooden box frame,
- use of studio equipment including safety equipment,
- as well as the kiln paper you’ll need.
Can you imagine how much fun you’ll have creating something unique and crazy? You can’t go wrong!
Now this class is especially – especially – designed for beginners, and it’s even more fun when you come along with a family members or friends. So grab a friend and book in now.
Once the class is over, all you need to do is wait for an email from us showing the progress of your framed piece of art glass and I’ll let you know when it’s ready to be picked up from here. This usually happens 2 weeks after the workshop.
- You can BYO drinks & nibbles if you like.
- 550 Swan Street is an extremely creative, fun, friendly and stimulating environment.
- Our workshop is on Level 1 so you’ll need to be able to walk up our staircase – there’s no other way to our studio.
- If you’d like to organize a special group workshop for more friends please feel free to get in touch, it’ll be easy and fun to arrange this with you.
- During the workshop I’ll take photographs of you for my website and for my social media, if you don’t want this to happen just let me know.
Your creations will be kept here at the studio for 3 months after the workshop, they’ll be donated to charity after that time.
If you’d like to bring alcoholic or other refreshments or nibbles to this workshop – that’ll be fine, assuming you are over 18 years of age.
For the moment only with people who are fully vaccinated can attend my classes. (I have 2 family members who are in the “at risk” category) so please be aware of this before you book. I am fully vaccinated as of April 2022. We adhere to the Covid19 rules of the day. If you have been unwell, let me know and we’ll find a time to do this workshop as soon as you are well again.
If you’d like to organize a workshop with more friends at your location or here at Swan Street Studios, please feel free to get in touch, it’ll be easy and fun to arrange this with you. It’s a great team building exercise and a fabulous way to catch up with family and friends.
If you don’t see a time and date that suits you here please email me and we will add a new date that suits you.