cost: $110 for each person
prerequisite: beginner-friendly workshop
you get: to make 4 pieces of jewellery in fabulous dichroic glass
duration: 1 1/2 hours (90 minutes)
Please remember that you can book into this workshop as many times as you like.
Make 4 fabulous dichroic glass jewellery pieces!
Looking to make some amazing jewellery. You’ll love this 90 minute workshop and be thrilled with the discovery of a whole new art form.
Build four jewellery pieces using dichroic glass, this’ll be such fun, and especially if you are an absolute beginner. I will fuse them gently in the kiln after you leave in order to create a stunning 3-dimensional finish. You can make any combination of earrings, pendants or cufflinks.
This class is perfectly designed just for you, and you don’t have to be specially “creative” as you will be helped every step of the way as you learn this fascinating skill.
Escape from the real world for 90 minutes and create your very own 3dimensional jewellery pieces. You build them, we fire them, you wear them, and love them!
No experience is required – this is a fun workshop for absolute beginners.
- everything you need to cut and create your kiln-formed 3 Dimensional Jewellery pieces,
- all the glass – there are loads of great colours to choose from
- the kiln firing, including kiln paper
- use of our studio equipment
- the dichroic glass both black bases and clear bases.
This workshop is perfect for four people so bring your friends and family and share the fun. Or if it’s just you, you’ll make some new friends!
You’ll be surprised at how clever you are at making something wonderful!
If you don’t see a time and date that suits you here please email me [email protected] and we will add a new date just for you.
You’ll love this workshop! jenie
Please wear clothes that include some kind of sleeve (not a singlet top) and closed toe shoes. (No thongs, no sandals that expose your toes).
If you’d like to bring refreshments, alcohol or nibbles to this workshop – that’ll be fine, assuming you are over 18 years of age.
Please bring a face mask in case you decide to make your own glass powders.
Bring your friends and create memories together.
Once the class is over and the clean-up is done, all you need to do is wait for an email from me showing the progress of your collection of wearable glass art. I’ll let you know when it is ready to be picked up, usually about 14 days after your workshop. Your masterpiece will be kept here at my Richmond studio for about a month after the workshop, it’ll be donated to charity after that time.
If you’re feeling under the weather from flu or covid, no worries, call me and we’ll reschedule your class. Of course, there’s zero cost for rescheduling.
I’ll take your picture during this workshop, always let me know if you don’t want this to happen.
Here at my studio I try my best to look after your glass creations. I’ll treat them with the utmost care. However, sometimes accidents and breakages happen along the way. Unfortunately, this is the nature of working with kilns and with glass. For example cracks can occur due during the heating and cooling stages in the kiln. This is due to the fragile nature of glass. I will try my best to make sure your piece survives its journey however please understand that risks are involved.
- My studio is a part of the Swan Street Artist Studio complex. We are on Level 1 of 550 Swan Street Richmond. It’s a contemporary art space run by Professional Artists, you’ll love having your workshop in this unique first floor warehouse. It’s a creative, fun, safe, friendly and stimulating environment. You’ll love being here!
- Car parks are surprisingly easy to find around our studios. We are on the intersection of Swan Street, and Bendigo Street, Richmond.
- You can often park right outside – fortunately we are at the quiet end of Swan Street. But remember the parking here is 2 hours so we’ll get you to set your alarm and make sure we all move our cars at the 2 hour point. Remember there are Clearways in Swan Street, Richmond.
- According to Google, there’s a 6-minute walk from Burnley Railway Station to 550 Swan Street (its 450 metres away). Tram 70 stops a few metres from our front door.
Everyone is welcome! You can come with your children or grandchildren, however, they’ll be charged the same rate as you and they’ll need to be “supervised” by you throughout the whole class. Please let me know if you are bringing under 18’s.
I run loads of private workshops. I am always happy to add other dates or create a private workshop for you and your friends, if that suits you better. Just let me know.
For custom dates or any questions, reach out to me at [email protected].
Make it a gathering with family and friends for an exclusive workshop. Let us know and we’ll tailor an experience just for you. Don’t be shy, bring your family and friends and have the studio to yourselves! It’ll be so much fun.