Everyone is welcome
cost: $155 everything included
prerequisite: This is great for beginners
you get: to make 4 coasters in art glass
duration: 3 hours
Please remember that you can come to this workshop as many times as you like.
This hugely popular workshop has been created by popular demand – so, here it is – you will make four unique coasters designed for your home or to give as a gift!
It’s easy and fun! Create landing pads for your fav cocktail! Your four coasters can look similar or all look different – it’s up to you. You’re in charge: it’s your time off, it’s your design.
During this hands-on workshop, I’ll run you through the step by step process on how to make your coasters, show you loads of samples of art glass and the basics of kiln forming glass. We’ll play fun music too, so you enjoy the whole experience.
You’ll be surprised at how clever you are at making a wonderful set of coasters!
You can come to this workshop as many times as you like, every time you can make different coasters for a different person. People often do!
During this workshop you will learn:
- the basic, correct skills required to use glass as an artistic medium
- the fundamentals of glass cutting
- about art glass and how it performs in the kiln
- your introduction to the endless joy of glass fusing
What you get:
- Everything you need to make your four beautiful coasters, including your choice from all the different glass colours that are in my studio on the day or your workshop
- use of studio tools
- kiln firing of your coasters after you leave (up to 2 kiln firings as required)
- to forget about the real world for a couple of hours
No previous experience required!
If you don’t see a time and date that suits you here please email me [email protected] and we will add a new date just for you.
I look forward to seeing you soon. Trust me: you’ll love it. jenie
Please wear clothes that include some kind of sleeve (not a singlet top) and closed toe shoes. (No thongs, no sandals that expose your toes).
If you’d like to bring refreshments, alcohol or nibbles to this workshop – that’ll be fine, assuming you are over 18 years of age.
Please bring a face mask in case you decide to make your own glass powders.
Bring your friends and create memories together.
Once the class is over and the clean-up is done, all you need to do is wait for an email from me showing the progress of your gorgeous art glass coasters. I’ll let you know when it is ready to be picked up, usually about 14 days after your workshop. Your masterpiece will be kept here at my Richmond studio for about a month after the workshop, it’ll be donated to charity after that time.
If you’re feeling under the weather from flu or covid, no worries, call me and we’ll reschedule your class. Of course, there’s zero cost for rescheduling.
I’ll take your picture during this workshop, always let me know if you don’t want this to happen.
Here at my studio I try my best to look after your glass creations. I’ll treat them with the utmost care. However, sometimes accidents and breakages happen along the way. Unfortunately, this is the nature of working with kilns and with glass. For example cracks can occur due during the heating and cooling stages in the kiln. This is due to the fragile nature of glass. I will try my best to make sure your piece survives its journey however please understand that risks are involved.
- My studio is a part of the Swan Street Artist Studio complex. We are on Level 1 of 550 Swan Street Richmond. It’s a contemporary art space run by Professional Artists, you’ll love having your workshop in this unique first floor warehouse. It’s a creative, fun, safe, friendly and stimulating environment. You’ll love being here!
- Car parks are surprisingly easy to find around our studios. We are on the intersection of Swan Street, and Bendigo Street, Richmond.
- You can often park right outside – fortunately we are at the quiet end of Swan Street. But remember the parking here is 2 hours so we’ll get you to set your alarm and make sure we all move our cars at the 2 hour point. Remember there are Clearways in Swan Street, Richmond.
- According to Google, there’s a 6-minute walk from Burnley Railway Station to 550 Swan Street (its 450 metres away). Tram 70 stops a few metres from our front door.
Everyone is welcome! You can come with your children or grandchildren, however, they’ll be charged the same rate as you and they’ll need to be “supervised” by you throughout the whole class. Please let me know if you are bringing under 18’s.
I run loads of private workshops. I am always happy to add other dates or create a private workshop for you and your friends, if that suits you better. Just let me know.
For custom dates or any questions, reach out to me at [email protected].
Make it a gathering with family and friends for an exclusive workshop. Let us know and we’ll tailor an experience just for you. Bring your family and friends and have the studio to yourselves! It’ll be so much fun.