Your Level 1 Adventure
cost: $299* some items shown here incurred additional costs
prerequisite: A sense of fun and maybe some ideas of what you’ll make
you get: A full day of fusing fun in my studio
duration: 5 hours
Choose your own adventure – a fun day of fusing fun!
So many people ask to come and spend more time here making more amazing pieces of glass art. Come and take your time to make something special. It might be a complex platter or plate, it might be a small unusual shaped item, it might be a combination of our Level One pieces. Let me know what size and shape you want to create before you come so that I have the correct base and kiln shelf ready for you. Remember, its our first full day workshop together. This’ll be fun!
What you get:
- everything you need to make your design on a 30cm x 30cm kiln shelf
- all materials used, (including your choice from at least two dozen different colours of glass, all the stringers, babies, millifiore and part sheets that are in the studio when you are here)
- use of the appropriate studio tools
- kiln firing
- kiln paper
- lashings of lime and soda
- to forget about the real world for a couple of hours
- to enjoy great music!
What’s not to love?
You’ll be surprised at how clever you are at making something truly wonderful.
What do I wear?
Please wear clothes that includes some kind of sleeve (not a singlet top) and closed toe shoes. (No thongs, no sandals that expose your toes., and bring a face mask in case you decide to make your own glass powders.
Do I bring anything with me?
If you’d like to bring refreshments, alcohol or nibbles to this workshop – that’ll be fine, assuming you are over 18 years of age.
When do I get my art glass piece back?
Once the class is over and the clean up is done, all you need to do is wait for an email from me showing the progress of your plate. I’ll let you know when it is ready to be picked up, usually about 14 days after your workshop. Your masterpiece will be kept here at my Richmond studio for 1 month after the workshop, it’ll be donated to charity after that time.
Covid or flu – Rescheduling
If you’re feeling under the weather from flu or covid, no worries, call me and we’ll reschedule your class. Of course, there’s zero cost for rescheduling.
Where is the studio?
- My studio is a part of the Swan Street Artist Studio complex. We are on Level 1 of 550 Swan Street Richmond. Its a contemporary art space run by Professional Artists, you’ll love having your workshop in this unique first floor warehouse. It’s a creative, fun, safe, friendly and stimulating environment. You’ll love being here!
- Car parks are surprisingly easy to find around our studios. We are on the intersection of Swan Street, and Bendigo Street, Richmond.
- You can often park right outside – fortunately we are at the quiet end of Swan Street. But remember the parking here is 2 hours so we’ll get you to set your alarm and make sure we all move our cars at the 2 hour point. Remember there are Clearways in Swan Street, Richmond.
- According to Google, there’s a 6-minute walk from Burnley Railway Station to 550 Swan Street (its 450 metres away). Tram 70 stops a few metres from our front door.
I run loads of private workshops.
Make it a gathering with family and friends for an exclusive workshop. Let us know and we’ll tailor an experience just for you. Bring your family and friends and have the studio to yourselves! It’ll be so much fun and a fabulous way to create memories together.
I am always happy to add other dates or create a private workshop for you and your friends, if that suits you better. Just let me know..
You’ll be photographed during this workshop, please let me know if you don’t want this to happen.
*The larger items sometimes incur additional costs and so will finishing your masterpiece on another day. Otherwise everything is included.
You can return as often as you like to craft different designs. Come back and make a different design each time.
For custom dates or any questions, reach out to me at [email protected].
Get ready for a whole lot of fun and creativity—everyone can do it, and you’re going to love it! – Jenie