cost: From $255
prerequisite: No prerequisites – this is for absolute beginners.
- 5 x small pieces Yupo in white;
- 1 x A4 black Yupo paper;
- 1 x A4 silver Yupo paper and
- 1 x big big big sheet of Yupo paper (91cms x 65cms)
- 1 x wooden frame for your big big masterpiece
- all the inks and tools I think you need!
All costs are listed here – no surprises!
duration: 4 hours
By popular demand, I’ve been getting more and more requests from people who want to come and play with bigger paper with Alcohol Inks. This is your chance.
I’ve created this brand new workshop for absolute beginners who want to make something fabulously BIG with Alcohol Inks!
You’ll play with gorgeous inks and create your own unique designs. This big big big piece of Yupo paper measures 91cms x 65cms! We’ll seal it and frame it in the last hour of the class so you can take it home and hang it. Can you believe it?!?
- Products used contain denatured alcohol and Isopropyl so if you have been or may be affected by these products previously, you should consider using a filtered mask.
- You may bring your own masks if desired.
- BYO drinks, lunch/dinner as required.
- This class is NOT suitable for pregnant ladies or people with severe allergies.
- I will take pictures of you during the workshop for my website etc, please let me know if this doesn’t suit you.
This is a fun workshop designed especially for the absolute beginner to Alcohol Inks, bring your sense of fun!
- 5 x small pieces of Yupo paper to learn on
- 1 x A4 black Yupo paper
- 1 x A4 silver Yupo paper and
- 1 x 91cm x 65cm Yupo paper
- all the inks and tools I think you need
- large frame for your big big big masterpiece!
You’ll play and learn about Alcohol Inks on all these different papers and at the 3 hour point, we’ll clean up and spray the first layer of sealant on your big masterpiece! Then you’ll have a break or your lunch or dinner or a fun drink or two. While you are at lunch, I’ll add more layers of sealant on your masterpiece. When you return from your break, we’ll frame your masterpiece in this wooden frame.
This workshop is for 4 hours so you have loads of time to play with Alcohol Inks before your start your big big big one. You’ll love doing this!
- BYO drinks and nibbles and lunch/dinner
- Please wear clothes that you don’t mind getting stained with ink, aprons are always available – this is a messy and fun workshop
- Please bring a mask, you might find the alcohol smelly during this workshop.
Covid and Flu Notice:
If you have been unwell call me and we’ll reschedule your class. Of course, there’s zero cost for rescheduling.
Where is you studio?
My studio is a part of the Swan Street Artist Studio complex. We are on Level 1 of 550 Swan Street Richmond. Its a contemporary art space run by Professional Artists, you’ll love having your workshop in this unique first floor warehouse.
Car parks are surprisingly easy to find around our studios. We are on the intersection of Swan Street, and Bendigo Street, Richmond.
You can often park right outside – fortunately we are at the quiet end of Swan Street. But remember the parking here is 2 hours so we’ll get you to set your alarm and make sure we all move our cars at the 2 hour point. Remember there are Clearways in Swan Street, Richmond.
According to Google, there’s a 6-minute walk from Burnley Railway Station to 550 Swan Street (its 450 metres away). Tram 70 stops a few metres from our front door.
My studio is up an old fashioned staircase so you need to be able to safely climb them to get here.
I run loads of private workshops. Don’t be shy, bring your family and friends and have the studio to yourselves! It’ll be so much fun. Its a great catch up venue for you all and a fabulous way to create memories together.
If you don’t see a time and date that suits you here please email me and we will add a new date that suits you. I am always happy to add other dates or create a private workshop for you and your friends, if that suits you better. There is space here for a larger group of people to come to this workshop. Just let me know.
Our new studio is a creative, fun, safe, friendly and stimulating environment. You’ll love this workshop!
If you don’t see a time and date that suits you here please email me [email protected] and we will add a new date just for you.
I look forward to seeing you soon. Trust me: you’ll love it.