Everyone is welcome
prerequisite: There are no prerequisites – a sense of fun is required.
you get: Frame your small masterpiece at the end of the class! A fun starting workshop for everyone.
duration: 3 hours
Alcohol Ink – Your introduction to Alcohol Inks and all the fun you can have – you’ll put your favourite piece in a small box frame to take home with you!
During this ridiculously fun and easy 3 hour workshop you will learn a little about alcohol inks and the exciting things you can create with them.
Ever seen kids playing with paint and ink with abandon? This is just like that, but for grown ups!
You’ll see the ink play on specially-created “yupo” paper and also on glass. You’ll make four different designs on this special paper by dropping ink on it! And then the next piece you’ll make will be on glass. It’s so amazing. You simply won’t believe how fabulous this stuff is and how simply you can make amazing art!
Its mezmerising watching it swirl, run and explode when mixed with the pure alcohol on the surface of the paper.
You’ll leave with one of your masterpieces framed and ready to show-off in your home. This is a smelly environment so this workshop is not optimal for people with acute allergies.. This workshop is NOT SUITABLE to anyone who is pregnant, even a little pregnant. Please wait until you have your precious baby and we’ll play with inks then.
What is included?
- all the advice and help I can share
- a wide selection of alcohol inks and lustres (glittery bits!)
- disposable gloves, brushes, alcohol solutions,
- use of my Studio tools as required
- Yopu paper
- glass for your artwork
- the birch-look square box frame for your final design
This workshop offers you – and maybe your bestie? – an enjoyable experience in a creative, fun and safe environment where you’ll produce a beautiful, original framed alcohol ink piece to keep.
I can’t wait to play with Alcohol Inks with you!
Please wear a warm-ish top, as Alcohol Inks are a little smelly, so we’ll be keeping the space well ventilated during this workshop. And please don’t wear your best clothes, this is a messy (but delightful!) art form. As you are coming to my glass studio, please wear clothes that includes some kind of sleeve (not a singlet top) and closed toe shoes. (No thongs, no sandals that expose your toes).
If you’d like to bring refreshments, alcohol or nibbles to this workshop – that’ll be fine, assuming you are over 18 years of age.
Bring your friends and create memories together.
If you’re feeling under the weather from flu or covid, no worries, call me and we’ll reschedule your class. Of course, there’s zero cost for rescheduling.
Everyone is welcome! You can come with your children or grandchildren, however, they’ll be charged the same rate as you and they’ll need to be “supervised” by you throughout the whole class. Please let me know if you are bringing under 18’s.
This workshop is NOT SUITABLE to anyone who is pregnant, even a little pregnant. Please wait until you have your precious baby and we’ll play with inks then.
Also, I’ll take your picture during this workshop, always let me know if you don’t want this to happen. (Its just for my website and socials.)
- My studio is a part of the Swan Street Artist Studio complex. We are on Level 1 of 550 Swan Street Richmond. It’s a contemporary art space run by Professional Artists, you’ll love having your workshop in this unique first floor warehouse. It’s a creative, fun, safe, friendly and stimulating environment. You’ll love being here!
- Car parks are surprisingly easy to find around our studios. We are on the intersection of Swan Street, and Bendigo Street, Richmond.
- You can often park right outside – fortunately we are at the quiet end of Swan Street. But remember the parking here is 2 hours so we’ll get you to set your alarm and make sure we all move our cars at the 2 hour point. Remember there are Clearways in Swan Street, Richmond.
- According to Google, there’s a 6-minute walk from Burnley Railway Station to 550 Swan Street (its 450 metres away). Tram 70 stops a few metres from our front door.
I run loads of private workshops. I am always happy to add other dates or create a private workshop for you and your friends, if that suits you better. Just let me know.
For custom dates or any questions, reach out to me at [email protected].
Make it a gathering with family and friends for an exclusive workshop. Let us know and we’ll tailor an experience just for you. Bring your family and friends and have the studio to yourselves! It’ll be so much fun.